Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nate had a busy weekend

I took this weekend to knock out a couple of Nate's Tiger Cub scout requirements.

The one I have been trying to do for a while was to take Nate to a local sporting event. For Texas that meant football. With three games to go we had to go this Friday other wise the remaining games was either on Halloween (not happening) or it was LD Bell vs Trinity (an ungodly rivalry which several of the parents at work told me NOT to take a seven year old to). Nate really got into the game. I uploaded the pictures both me and Nate took as well as the following video.



The game started at 7:30 so I was afraid he would not be able to stay up that long but he made it all the way through the halftime show and most of the way through the third quarter before he wanted to go home.

Saturday morning I took Nate to the Bedford fire house off of Central where they were having an open house. It was really cool! Nate got to try on a fireman uniform and got to use a fire hose. The thing that really impressed me, especially considering the relatively small size of Bedford, was their Mobile command center. The command center can run all the dispatch communications for a small city in case of a disaster and it actually ran the fire and police department communications for Galveston after hurricane Ike.

No comments: