Monday, September 03, 2007

Nate & Lexi's first week of school

Nate and Lexi had a good first week at school. Unfortunately Nate got sick Thursday but we were able to send him to school Friday. He is running a little warm still and stuffy but hopefully he will be able to go to school tomorrow.

We signed Nate up for flag football Saturday. We haven't heard anything yet about which team he is assigned but there are three teams that practice at L.D. Bell which is just a couple of blocks from the house. I asked Lexi if she wanted to take a cheer leading class or a dance class and she wanted to dance so Chris is looking for a dance/ballerina class for Lexi.

This weekend took down the old homemade shelves on the far wall of the garage and put in a couple of shelves in the workshop. Since Chris wasn't feeling well this weekend I could only put in about 4-5 hours each day but I can finish up in October after the birthdays.

I tried putting up a couple of hanging shelves but the drywall wouldn't support them. I was using 90 lbs anchors but even then if you have 30 year old drywall its only going to support so much. I went with Lexi to home depot and got a stud finder and got them put up. Now all I have to do in the garage is one more side wall and I am done with the garage improvements.

That's it for now.

:)

No comments: