Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jefferson Railway of Lights

We took the kids to see the Jefferson Railway of Lights. It was a four hour trip to Marshall where we had reserved a room at Quality Inn (a nice place to stay BTW). Overall the kids did very good - thank God for the DVD players in the van though.

MAN IT WAS COLD!!! Fortunately we paid the extra $2 per seat to get first class with a heated carriage but waiting outside for the train to arrive froze us to the bone. Nate liked the ride and Lexi did okay (the train was a little above the lights at time and Lexi did not want to get up in the chair to watch the lights at times).

Most embarrassing moment - we took a wrong turn getting to the depot (read the wrong paragraph of directions) and pulled up to what I thought was a B&B or a museum. I walked in and no one was there so I called out "Hello" and all of a sudden two guys and a child ran in and my first thought was I walked into someone's house - but they assured me that while it was a private residence it was a B&B and was nice enough to tell me where the depot was.

Most embarrassing (obvious) thing forgotten - the kids coats! Yes it was freezing and we forgot the kids coats. I made sure to go get gas and get Chris breakfast so the van would be warm inside so we did not have to bundle up the kids (Chris did that the last time I took the kids on a trip and I had to pull over on the side of the road after five minutes because both the kids were burning up). I though Chris had packed the coats and Chris thought I had put the coats in the car so we did not realize we did not have the coats until we got to Terrell (an hour away from the house). So the first two stops we bundled the kids in our coats to take them inside. On our second stop in Canton I stayed with the kids at Burger King while they played and Chris ran to Wal-Mart to pick them up some coats. So the coats in the pictures are new :)

An update on Thumbs. He does have hyperthyroidism and the doctors are afraid his kidneys might be failing so after the hyperthyroid medicine stabilizes him they are going to put him on a special cat food. Right now he is enjoying his medicine because we are wrapping it in turkey.

No comments: