Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nate joins the Cub Scouts

Tuesday Chris called me as I was leaving work that Nate brought home a cub scout flyer and he wanted to join. Well I took him to the scout meeting that night and he really enjoyed it. They made popcorn and water bottle rockets and while I was listening to the sales pitch (not really a sales pitch per se but more of a stressing a child will succeed in scouts if there parents are involved with them).

Nate's luck with leaders kept up with the scouts too (when he played football last year his coach was a professional football player!) The den leader was a military officer with five kids (all in scouts), former prison guard, juvenile probation officer, business owner. The only thing missing a big red S on the uniform :)

Well I really wanted to see if he was serious about joining scouts so I stressed that there was work involved too. There was fun things to be sure but he had to do work also and he said he still wanted to. So I signed him up on their show and sell popcorn drive. Now if you ever gone to a grocery store or Wal-Mart and seen girl scouts selling cookies or boy scouts selling popcorn - that was what Nate was doing. Saturday morning, in the rain, Nate and Conner (a second year cub scout) was on the first shift from 9-10 at Wal-Mart. Nate was a real trooper! I was really proud of him. Afterwards I told him that Scouts had to do that several times a year not really - just once a year and that was the last weekend of it) and was he willing to do that again and he said he was so I went and picked up Lexi, and then we went and picked up a uniform for Nate and then I took them to McDonalds for lunch.

I finally uploaded a bunch of old photos to the photo album. As well as Nate in his new uniform - enjoy.

No comments: