Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nate's second soccer game

Nate had his second soccer game today. They lost 5-1 but they did better than last game so I am happy about that.

I could name several reasons we lost. What tied for first though was that I could tell that the other coach was an experienced coach. He had his players going to their positions (John you're fullback - get back behind the line). Now if this was a second or third grade team I would be upset that their team was organized and we weren't but JEEZ its a kindergarden team for Christ sake.

The other #1 reason they lost was that there is still a lack of teamwork. Now once again I use the they are kindergarden kids defense but YOU DO NOT STEAL THE BALL FROM YOUR OWN TEAMMATES! We had two occasions where one of our guys were running the ball toward the goal and another teammate stole it from them.

Now the more forgivable reasons they lost were they got confused as to which goal they should be trying for (he halftime field switch really messed them up). And several of them were just hanging back (but they are ALOT better from the first game).

Unfortunately I did not get any pictures. I got to the game and the batteries were dead. I went though all the rechargeable batteries I had and tested them with a battery tester and threw away the ones that were not holding a charge very well so hopefully that won't happen again for a while.

No comments: