We spent Feburary getting ready for replacing our countertops with granite and redoing the cabinets. We picked Sante Fe as the granite style (picture below).
We also started stripping the cabinet doors so we can put a clear coat on them. I say started because we got the drawers done and started on the doors when we realized they were a different type of wood. Not only that some of the doors were made of two different woods! We wanted a simple clearcoat door so we decided to make our own!
We got about 2/3 of the doors cut today (some of the pics are in our fotki site) and tomorrow we will try and finish up. I will keep posting pictures when possible.
UPDATE 3/21 - All the countertops and appliances are in. We now need to get an electrician in to fix the wall plugs (they are sticking out an 1/2" now that we are using 1/4" tile instead of 3/4" particle board for the wall). And we need to get some lighting installed under the cabinets. But we will probably wait to do that after we paint the cabinets. Check out the rest of pics on our photogallery.