Thursday, December 06, 2007

poor kitty/lucky cat/damn cat

I was getting ready for work this morning and Thumbs came into the bathroom and threw up.

poor kitty....

Then I noticed that the vomit was mostly blood

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Okay - I emailed work and told them I was taking the day off and took Thumbs up to the Vet. Three hundred dollars worth of test later told us that he was diabetic again but the doctor thought he may have hyperthyroidism but will know when the rest of the test results get back in tomorrow.

hyperthyroidism ?

Well before I discuss hyperthyroidism lets talk about the reverse - hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is where your thyroid doesn't produce enough hormones or shuts down completely. Your metabolism lowers and you don't digest food as well. Hyperthyroidism is the reverse - the thyroid goes into overdrive, ramping up the metabolism and causing you to lose weight no matter how much you eat.

whatwhatwhatwhatwhat!!!!!

Yes - there is a medical condition where you can eat all you want, digest food normally, and still lose weight.

lucky cat!

Yes that would be true if you can turn it on and off at will. But unfortunately unless its turned off the cat will starve to death. It's Thinner in real life.

But what if it could be controlled....

If it could be controlled I would give it to myself in a heartbeat. Then I would:

1. Take "all you can eat" as a personal challenge.
2. Make owners of buffets cringe at the site of me.
3. Have 1000+ calories of desert at every meal.
4. then the meal
5. then more desert.
6. You get the picture.

I know it cannot be controlled, I know it can be fatal, but I cannot help but to have a small amount of envy for Thumbs right now.

damn cat.

:)

No comments: