Thursday, July 05, 2007

1995 miles - four days - finally home

Last week Mom and Dad came over and took care of the kids while Chris and I drove the minivan up to Minnesota to pick up the desk that used to belong to her Dad. We did the whole trip up to Minnesota in one day - and it rained all the way to Kansas City.

I posted some pictures of the road trip on our photo page.

The thing that surprised me was that Minnesota was having a drought - three months of rain in Texas and its surprising to get to an area that has no rain. Still its very beautiful up there in the Summer.

On the way back we stopped at Oklahoma City to spend the night at the Wyndham Wingate. While it was rated at three stars it was one of the nicest I have stayed at for a long time - even Chris could not find anything wrong with the hotel.

We got in on the first of July and got the desk set up. On the fourth we took my old Desk to Chris' brother in laws and had lunch with the family.

No comments: