Thursday, August 18, 2005

They don't make them like they used to

The old RCA TV in the kids playroom finally died yesterday. The picture was getting bad for a couple of days and yesterday morning when I turned it own I heard a couple of pops and that was it. Me and Chris had to load the thing on a dolly to get it out of the house. We put in the TV from the library (which originally was from our bedroom) on a cart I had from my single days (its good to be a packrat).

I'm going to miss that TV. I got it about ten years ago at an auction at my old apartment complex for $75 and it was at least 10 years old then. It was big, sturdy and was able to stand up while the kids were pushing on it. The down side was that it always took two people to move it.

Alas it was cheaper to replace the TV than it was to fix it. Especially since we had a spare tv not being used.

No comments: