Thursday, June 09, 2005

The world through Nate's eyes

Today I was switching out the batteries in my old digital camera, a Fujifilm FinePix 40i, when Nate came in and wanted to take some pictures. Now if you have looked through our photo album on fotki and found some pictures of Nate with the camera you will notice that he has the camera backwards! I have tried to show him several times but he has always wanted to do it his way. Well this time I showed him how and before he could get upset I was able to turn on the display - that changed everything.

He ran around the house and took about 120 photos (mostly of the floor or out of focus). I uploaded 20 of them to our photo album. One of the things I did not realize was that the camera was out of power for so long that it defaulted to 4 megapixel pictures. I have taken it down to its next lowest setting so the pictures will hopefully be less blurred in the future.

One of my few complaints about my old Fujifilm camera is that it has a two megapixel CCD and can use interpolation to fake a four megapixel picture but it only has three picture size settings: 640x480, 1280x960, 2400x1800 or if you do the math its roughly 0.5, 1, and 4 megapixel - there is no two megapixel resolution!!!!

No comments: